My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.markedly.com.au
and update your bookmarks.

Deacons meetings

My first ever deacons meeting at my present church occured about 10 years ago.
We have come a long way since then.

The then pastor and one of the deacons had a stand up red faced screaming match. I am not going into details, but there were serious issues.

We had our combined Ministry Team Leaders and Leadership team meeting this morning. Now we are facing our issues. Mostly issues to do with growth. We dont have enough money to do all the things God is calling us to. We have to take steps of faith. It is risky and confrontational.
However we have seen God do some amazing things, and we believe together that He will continue to.
My reflection is though that the spirit within our leadership teams is wonderful.
I led them in a devotion from Psalm 20.

4 May he grant your heart's desire
and fulfill all your plans.
5 May we shout for joy when we
hear of your victory,
flying banners to honor our God.
May the LORD answer all your prayers.

This is what we did this morning, cheer each other on and shout for joy at the victories we see happening. What a transformation. But it has come at a cost. Some good people have left, some others have not been able to see the battle through to the end. The personal cost to my wife and I, and others, has not been inconsiderable. But God chooses to work through Churches. I dont know why, and there are plenty of people who can tell you what is wrong with Churches, and delight to do so. But I am glad to be a part of a church which is doing something about our community. And our focus is on that. I am also glad that I am not in stand up, red faced over the table fights with my church leaders!

0 comments:

Post a Comment