My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.markedly.com.au
and update your bookmarks.

Declare me innnocent and Psalm 18


Continuing my devotions in the Psalms. The NLT really has come into its own in this book. Loving the freshness of reading them with this translation.

Trying to work out what is going on in David's head.

"declare me innocent, for you know those who do right"

Imagine writing and saying that to God! How does this contrast or 'work' with Jesus' statement about the two men praying in the temple? The one who was humble and beat his chest in agony over his own sinful state was commended. The one who thanked God that he was so good, was blasted. (fair nuff too!)

I suppose there are times in all of our lives where we know we are right, and can cry out our case to God. I find that difficult, because I am so aware that my feet are made of clay. Yet David did it, and we know what he got up too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment